Host a workshop
All workshops provide opportunities to come together, learn, reflect, practice and plan.
Request a workshop for your meeting on one of the following topics:
- being ready for children and families
- embracing babies and toddlers in Quaker meetings
- building relationships with children
- exploring the spiritual with young people
- working with small numbers across a wide age range
For ages over five, all together:
- making everyone welcome
- worshipping multi-generationally
- storytelling (Godly Play and the Quaker Faith & Play)
- enquiring and reflecting together (using Philosophy 4 Communities)
- singing with children in a Quaker context
Bespoke, tailored for your meeting:
- considering an aspect of all–age community relevant to your Meeting
To find out more about these opportunities check our 'Growing community' leaflet (PDF).
To make a request, please complete the online form (external link).
Within two weeks of making a request, you will be contacted by Quaker Life staff.
We offer regular opportunities to meet with Quakers across Britain Yearly Meeting (and beyond!) to ask questions, share ideas, good practice and concerns to support each other in our work/interactions with youth, children and families. These meetings were borne out of the need to connect differently during the pandemic, and continue to offer our widespread community a way to connect, develop and sustain each other.
- A monthly meeting for those involved with Children's Meeting and All Age Worship – 3 Thursday of the month on zoom, 7.30pm–9pm.
- A monthly meeting for those working with young people in Quaker settings – last Saturday of the month 10.30am–12pm.
- Termly Children and Young Person's Work Advocate Network Meeting to support people in the role of CYP Work Advocate to think about how they creatively and effectively champion work with youth, children and families in their area. The next meetings are on Tuesday 8 March and Tuesday 28 June 2022.