Six members of QWRC are appointed by Meeting for
Sufferings (MfS) for three-year terms. These six will usually attend the Friends World Committee for Consultation (FWCC) World Plenary Meetings as BYM's representatives.
QWRC reports to BYM Trustees. It meets four times per year.
- encourages dialogue and exchange of interest between Britain Yearly Meeting and FWCC
- encourages participation and exchange between Britain Yearly Meeting and other yearly meetings
- welcomes and supports visitors from around the world to our annual gathering, Yearly Meeting
- maintains the online QWRC network which helps connect individuals, meetings charities, and staff working on behalf of Quakers in Britain to each other to share international experiences
Join or find out more about the QWRC network by getting in touch with the Committee Secretary, Michael Booth.
FWCC has an annual appeal to support the work to which QWRC lends its support. Find out more about the 2022 FWCC appeal.
Links to other Quaker World related bodies:
- Quaker Africa Interest Group (offsite link)
- Quaker Bolivia Link (offsite link)
- Quaker South Asia Interest Group (offsite link)
- Friends House Moscow (offsite link)
- Quakers in the World (offsite link)
Photo: World Conference of Quakers in Kenya 2012, Photo credit: Trish Carn