Youth, Children & Families sessions ran from Friday 27 to Monday 30 May 2022. Some online activities were also run alongside the in-person programmes.
On Sunday 29 May there was All Together Worship, a huge meeting for worship, happening all over Britain, at Friends House, in meeting houses and homes. During the weekend of Yearly Meeting there were also informal opportunities for families attending BYM to meet in Friends House and online.
Children's Programme (0-11)
- For those aged 0-11, born between 1 September 2010 and 27 May 2022
- "Children's programme was a really warm, supportive environment - just what the children thrive in."
- Children's and Families will offer in person sessions in Friends House. These will be age-appropriate activities such as worship, exploration of the theme, craft and games.
- Parents/Guardians will be able to book children onto this by day. Parents / carers need to be attending BYM and be responsible for their children outside of session time.
Young People's Programme (YPP) (11-15)
- For 11-15 year olds, born between 1 September 2006 and 31 August 2010
- "YPP was an extremely engaging and interactive event. It helped me to expand and to be the best version of myself."
- YPP will be a residential event at Felden Lodge. There will be opportunities for young people to join online and in person over the Yearly Meeting weekend. There will be space for worship, exploration of topics that are of importance to Quakers. As well as promising to be thought provoking, exciting and fun. The group of young people who help to plan YPP (known as an Arrangements Committee) agreed the following theme:
- “Exploring equality: understanding and valuing difference".
- Parents/Guardians will need to book their child/ward onto the full weekend.
- For 15-18 year olds, born between 1 September 2003 and 31 August 2006
- "The ministry of 'ordinary' Quakers who have profound points of view, was unexpected… much of the ministry that was given was relevant to me, and resonated with me."
- Accompanying is for 15-18s to meet up at Yearly Meeting (YM), you choose which Yearly Meeting sessions you want to join. You will be part of a small group who you will meet with during the event, offering some online opportunities. There will also be social activities during the free time. It is a non-residential opportunity, and you are required to have a responsible adult staying with you in your accommodation during the event.
Junior Yearly Meeting (15-18), 9-12 April 2022
- This event was attended by 50 young people aged 15 to 18 years old. As a youth event, the event is planned and facilitated by a group of young people known as an Arrangements Committee, who work with a team of adults in the delivery of their plans.
- The participants at this year's event considered the theme: "Compassionate listening and spiritual engagement: How can we strengthen our faith community to make space for action?"
- This links to elements of the focus of Yearly Meeting in May which will be looking at Faith, Community and Action.
- As a part of the event the group had a Quaker Meeting for Worship for Business, where they agreed a Minute which has been sent to the Yearly Meeting clerks with the offer of this being read at Yearly Meeting.
- Each small group, known as a Base Group contributed their experience of the event to form the JYM Epistle. This captures the 'sense of the meeting' the experience of the group expressed in the Epistle.
- Download the JYM Epistle
- Download the JYM Minutes